It's been 17 days since we packed up what we thought was important and left our house for the city because of the wildfires surrounding our town. We were there for 5 nights before the whole town was ordered to evacuate. My Dad drove up here with us pulling the 5th Wheel and then went back the next morning because he was deemed an essential service. It has been a rollercoaster of emotions and stress. Trying to work in different surroundings and not sleeping in my own bed. I'm exhausted.
Finally today the big guys decided to tone down the order to an alert. I've been trying to stay away from the Facebook chat groups because there is so much back and forth, and lots of rumours. It got tiring! It still sounds like things are touch and go, and even though we can go home, they want us to take our time coming back, plus we need to still be ready to leave again at a moments notice. It's still scary!!
What worried me today was that one of the girls was told when she went through a road block that she shouldn't leave her pet at home for any length of time because if we get told to leave we won't be able to go home to get them! That's terrifying!! I want to go home, but I don't. It's confusing!!
I have to say, though, that I am ready to move on with my life. I became a Jamberry (nail wrap, nail care) consultant so I'd like to do something with that business. I'm also ready to make my move to a new place, and the plans are in the works, they just need to be set in motion, and that can't be done from here!! So here's to hoping we can go home and be safe for a few weeks so I can get on with my life!!